Accommodation and prices
FINDING THE RIGHT ACCOMMODATION FOR YOU
LINGUA IT offers students a free accommodation service to point you in the right direction of suitable residences and to offer assistance with everything you need during your stay.
Students can move into accommodation from the day before their course starts (during the day on a Sunday) and should move out the day after (on a Saturday before 12.00). Extra days are available but please make a request.
HOMESTAYS WITH A FAMILY:
Our staff individually know families which can host students and who have met our standards of space, cleanliness and hospitality.
- homestays with breakfast and dinner starting from 230 euros (per week)
- homestays with breakfast only starting from 160 euros (per week)
We have apartments of various sizes which have all been visited and approved by our staff and can be shared by Italian or international students. Students staying in shared apartments have access to the kitchen and bathroom but are asked to keep these communal spaces clean and tidy.
- private room in a shared apartment starting from 150 euros (per week)
We have apartments of various sizes which have all been visited and approved by our staff. They are usually in the historic centre of the city and some have parking or garage space available.
- for 1 person, starting from 350 euros (per week)
- for 2 people starting from 450 euros (per week)
Other types of accommodation
HOTEL (per person/per day)
LINGUA IT has a list of nearby hotels which we recommend. Bookings are made directly by the student to the hotel.
Trips and guided tours
LINGUA IT organises a range of guided tours and trips for its students so that they can discover the treasures of Italy.
We run day trips on Saturdays and Sundays to a range of artistic centres: Venice, Padua, Vicenza, Mantua, Parma, Modena, Bologna, Treviso, Trento and Ferrara are all in our repertoire. On these trips, you might see Giotto’s famous frescos, Palladio’s Teatro Olimpico, the Castello Estense, the Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square, the Palazzo Ducale in Mantua and many other masterpieces of Italian art.
The institute also organises trips over two days with a stay in a hotel (at the weekends only) to visit the byzantine mosaics of Ravenna and Fellini’s Rimini, the Veneto’s 18th century villas, the castles of Trentino, secret Tuscany and Pienza, the Palazzo Ducale in Genova and the Ligurian riviera, the islands of the Venetian lagoon…these are just some of the surprising visits you can find in our History of Art programme.
The guided tours and trips can be booked at the reception.
BOOKS, CDs & DVDs
BOOKINGS FOR HOTELS
TICKETS AND EVENTS
LOAN OF TEACHING MATERIAL
INFORMATION AND SERVICES
LINGUA IT’s reception is happy to help
The reception can answer all of your questions and give you more information about:
- Public transport (where to buy tickets for the city and regional buses, information about train times, airport information and the possibility special offers for travelling in Italy and Europe).
- Doctors, hospitals and specialists (where to go and who to speak to if you are unwell or need medical assistance)
- Cultural events in the city and surrounding area (programmes, special deals, tickets and information)
- Any other information about everyday life and the opportunities offered by the city.